With the busy and on the go lifestyle the average person lives today, it can be hard to keep healthy habits. It is easy to forget little things you should be doing every day. Luckily there are small and quick things you can be doing to live a healthier life on the go.
- Take a multivitamin. A daily multivitamin can help fill in gaps you may have in your nutrition in your everyday life. Sure it is better to get these vitamins from food, but everyone knows how hard it can be to eat balance meals every day. A multivitamin will fill in for those foods you are having trouble fitting into your busy day.
- Drink water. Even if you are in a hurry in the morning you can find a way to get a big glass of water on the way out. Keep water bottles in the fridge and grab one to drink on the way to work. Make sure you start your day with some water. It will keep you hydrated and give you energy. If you do not like the taste of plain water, try taking some time before bed and putting a little lemon or lime juice in the bottle you plan on taking with you.
- Keep fruit around. Keep some fresh and organic food like apples and bananas somewhere where you can grab one on the way out the door. A bottle of water and an apple before you head out to work will give you a great boost in energy. Grab one to eat as you walk to your car when you walk out of the house. Grab an extra to eat during your lunch break. Find ways to get a piece of fruit or two in throughout your day.
- Exercise where you can. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. If you work in an office, look for a reason to walk somewhere every 30-60 minutes or at least stand up and stretch. Walk somewhere to eat your lunch instead of eating it at your desk. Find a way to keep moving when you can.
- Avoid junk food. It may seem easier to grab a burger and fries for lunch but in the end it is just filling your body with calories that lack nutrients. If you are going out to eat try and find a healthy option. Your body with thank you.
- Skip the coffee for tea. When you reach for a cup of coffee, opt for some herbal tea every once and a while. There are so many options there is bound to be one you enjoy and herbal tea is so much better for you.
- Eat nuts for an energy boost. When that 3pm slump hits, go for a handful of almonds or your favorite type of nut. They will give you a much needed boost in energy and be a yummy and healthy snack. You can even package them in baggies beforehand so you can easily keep a handful with you for when you want to eat them.
With a little bit of thought and preparation even the busiest person can find a way to squeeze in a few healthy behaviors to help improve their overall health. Some may think that these changes just aren’t worth the time but even a few healthy lifestyle changes can give so much extra energy which in the end will help productivity, and who doesn’t want that?