Rituals are the traditions and customs that take place at a wedding. In India, there are so many religions and each religion have different types of customs and traditions. People can take help from Punjabi marriage bureau in Delhi to find the perfect life partners for them.
Some of the customs and traditions that take place in a Punjabi wedding are mentioned below with a brief description of them:
- Rokka: This is the first wedding ritual that takes place at a Punjabi wedding. This is a ritual in which both the families meet each other and fix the wedding. This is the most important ritual of a Sikh or Punjabi wedding.
- Mangini: This is a pre-engagement ritual in which both the families gather and shower the bride and groom with the essential items such as dresses, money etc. this ritual is also known as Shagun. Shagun means starting something important.
- Sagai: This ritual is also called engagement. This is a ritual in which both the bride and groom exchange their rings and tell the people that they are going to be married soon. This ritual is full of fun and enjoyment. All the family members, friends, and relatives of the bride and groom enjoy by dancing and singing.
- Mehndi/Sangeet: These are the rituals that are held on the same. Mehndi is the ritual in which the people apply mehndi on the hands of the bride and groom. On the other side, people enjoy dancing and singing. This is the ceremony which is held individually in the bride and groom’s house. This ritual is followed by the Jaggo.
- Jaggo: Jaggo is a ritual that takes place on the same day as the wedding. In Jaggo, all the family members gather and say Boliyan. This ceremony is full of fun and enjoyment. Every do giddha and bhangra on the Boliyan and also collect oil in the pot carried by one of the family members.
- Vatna: In Vatna ceremony, haldi is applied on the face, hands, and feet of the bride and groom. This is the ritual that takes place on the same day as the wedding.
After Vatna, Anand Karaj takes place. This is the name given to the wedding ceremony of Punjabi and Sikh people.People can take help from Delhi matrimony to find the perfect bride and groom according to them.
- Viddai: Viddai is the ritual that takes place in each and every religion. This is a ritual in which the bride is sent to the groom’s house in a well-decorated car. All the family members, friends, and relatives give a tearful goodbye to the bride.
- Reception: This is a ritual in which an after wedding party is given by the groom’s family to those people who were not invited to the marriage.
These are some of the rituals that take place in a Punjabi or Sikh wedding.
You Can Also Like: Create a Sales Receipt